Pages

Monday, August 15, 2011

MWISHO WA FABREGAS ARSENAL

Cesc Fabregas has heaped praise on Arsene Wenger and the Arsenal fans after finally completing his move to Barcelona from Arsenal by signing a five-year contract with the European champions.
The Spaniard addressed the media after more than 30,000 people saw him unveiled at the Nou Camp, where he was paraded with his new shirt.
Wenger has been heavily criticised in the Catalan press following several summers of tussling over the future of the Arsenal skipper, but Fabregas insists that was misplaced.
Hero's welcome: Cesc Fabregas was unveiled in front of 30,000 people at the Nou Camp
Hero's welcome: Cesc Fabregas was unveiled in front of 30,000 people at the Nou Camp
He said: 'I'll never have enough words to thank him for all he's done for me. I'll never forget him.
'I don't think he has such a good image here, he has been portrayed as something he's not, in my opinion. If today I am here with you then it's greatly due to him.
'I can't express my admiration for him strongly enough, I owe it to him that I am here.'
Taking to Twitter later in the day, Fabregas wrote: 'To all Gunners: A big thank you for your unconditional support during the last 8 years. Just say that I will always carry you in my heart!'
He also insisted that he parted with Wenger on good terms.
'The relationship is fantastic,' he said. 'On Friday I said goodbye to him and I got very emotional because he's like a father figure to me. I couldn't even talk at one stage, when I wanted to say how grateful I was. I got a bit emotional and couldn't talk much.
Kicked in to touch: Fabregas denied any claims he had left the Gunners on bad terms
Kicked in to touch: Fabregas denied any claims he had left the Gunners on bad terms
'I had to send him a message afterwards, saying "I'll never forget what you've done for me". If it hadn't been for him I wouldn't be here today, living my dream.
'I think if Arsenal want to keep being the club they are then they have to always be under his control, because he's the best, everyone respects him, and for me, he will always be the best person that I've met in football.'
Asked about his protracted exit, Fabregas admitted it had been difficult to leave the Gunners and lamented the fact he had been unable to explain himself to the club's fans.
'I have time to talk about it and I'm sure I'll do an interview especially for them,' he said. I'm sorry I couldn't say anything in the last two and a half months, Arsenal wouldn't allow me to talk to anyone, even if I wanted to I couldn't.
'I'm disappointed and upset about it because I have had a great relationship with the fans over the years. It took time to build this and I'm disappointed I could lose some of them.
'All I have are words of gratitude. I'll never forget what they have done for me, I gave absolutely everything to the club and I think they know that but it was the right time to come back here.
'I'm sorry I didn't say anything to them in the last few months but I couldn't. I was very, very sad to leave, I spent one third of my life there, eight years, so I'm very sad but life goes on.'
He added: 'For me it's a special day. I'm returning home. I know that the Arsenal fans will be disappointed with my exit from the club, but I'm here to face an incredible challenge, the challenge of my life.
Fabregas added: 'To get the No 4 shirt is very special. I know there has been a debate about whether Thiago (Alcantara) should have it but I'm very pleased to be able to wear the No 4.

Home boy: Fabregas returns to Barcelona eight years after leaving the club
Home boy: Fabregas returns to Barcelona eight years after leaving the club

'I come here with great humility because I know I have a lot to learn and I can learn a lot from this coach and this great team. I've played with two of them (Lionel Messi and Gerard Pique) since I was 13 and many of the others since I was 18 (with Spain) so I know them very well.
'I know I can enjoy it and make a contribution. I'm going to try very hard to make this team even more competitive and strong.'
After his departure was confirmed, Arsenal players left behind took to Twitter to praise their departed captain.
Goalkeeper Wojceich Szczesny wrote: 'Good luck to our friend and captain. He's been fantastic for Arsenal and will be missed at the club!'
And Jack Wilshere added: 'Good luck to my friend at Barca! Very sad to see him leave, learnt a lot from him! Great role model! Best of luck mate!
And Aaron Ramsey wrote: 'Wishing Cesc the best of luck with his new club, great role model and a great guy!'
Back to the drawing board: Arsene Wenger took training on Monday without his old captain
Back to the drawing board: Arsene Wenger took training on Monday without his old captain
Back to the drawing board: Arsene Wenger took training on Monday without his old captain


Samir Nasri echoed those thoughts, while Johan Djourou said: 'Well my friend, I wish you all the best. I know you since we were 15 and I can say what a great player you become and a great friend as well.'

Wenger challenged his squad to show life will go on for the Gunners following the sale of their captain. Wenger accepts this time Arsenal could not stand in his way any longer, given Fabregas' desire to move back to his boyhood club.
However, the Gunners boss maintains all is not lost at the Emirates Stadium.
He said: 'What is important is to focus on our targets and we wish good luck to Cesc, who is a great player, one of the best players in the world. Life goes on and we want to show we have the needed desire and strength to deal with the situation.'
'Yes, we lost a world-class player and we are sad about it. We did fight to keep him, but in the end we have as well to respect the desire of the player. This club is 125 years old this season and many big players have left the club and the club went on.
Thumbs up: The longest running transfer saga in Europe has finally ended
Thumbs up: The longest running transfer saga in Europe has finally ended
Thumbs up: The longest running transfer saga in Europe has finally ended
Thumbs up: The longest running transfer saga in Europe has finally ended
'We want to show that we have the strengths and unity to fight as we ever did at this club.'
Wenger maintained for Fabregas, the lure of Barcelona was just too strong - and is why Arsenal did not put their captain on the open market, where he would have fetched a much higher fee.
'To get the best out of a player, he needs to be completely committed to where he is. Cesc wanted to go back to his home city,' the Arsenal boss added.
'If you understand one thing, it is Cesc did not go for financial reasons, or that he did not love this club - Cesc went because he was desperate to play for his home town club, where he was educated. It is very difficult to resist that.'
Fabregas insists he is ready to play the second leg of the Spanish Super Cup clash with Real Madrid on Wednesday if called upon following last night's 2-2 first-leg draw in the capital.
'I didn't see the first leg as I was flying over,' he said. 'But physically I'm fine and ready for everything. It's not my decision whether to play or not. I'm going to work very hard as always and enjoy it. I will give everything to make this club better.'
Thanks for the memories: Fabregas said he will never forget the impact on his career of Arsene Wenger
Thanks for the memories: Fabregas said he will never forget the impact on his career of Arsene Wenger
The transfer had looked to be coming to an end on Friday with suggestions that confirmation of a deal to take Fabregas back to Barca was imminent.
Barca goalkeeper Victor Valdes said in a press conference that he believed the transfer was close to being finalised, while his team-mates Carles Puyol and Pique both sent Fabregas messages on Twitter to welcome their Spain colleague, who left Barca for Arsenal as a 16-year-old, back to the Nou Camp.
However, it was not until last night that the an agreement between the two clubs was made official.
Fabregas said: 'They have been three or four intense days and I've tried to keep away from it all as much as possible. Until I had permission from Arsenal to travel I was not going to do it. In the end it has all been worth it.'
The 24-year-old, who has had a £175million (200m euro) buy-out clause inserted in his contract.
Back among friends: Fabregas (top row, second from right) will team up with Lionel Messi (bottom left) and Gerard Pique
Back among friends: Fabregas (top row, second from right) will team up with Lionel Messi (bottom left) and Gerard Pique
Barca's next match sees them take on Real Madrid in the second leg of the Spanish Supercopa at the Nou Camp on Wednesday. Barca drew 2-2 in the first leg at the Bernabeu.
The announcement brings to an end the long-running transfer saga and sees Fabregas return to his local club Barca, who he left for Arsenal as a 16-year-old.
While the Gunners were always determined to keep Fabregas, it became clear this summer that the Spaniard - who made more than 300 appearances for the London club, scoring 57 goals - was no longer committed to their cause.
End of the road: Fabregas made 303 appearances for Arsenal in eight years
End of the road: Fabregas made 303 appearances for Arsenal in eight years
Barcelona saw a £27m offer rebuffed earlier in the summer, as Arsenal remained steadfast in their demands over a £40m fee.
However, with Barcelona not willing to significantly increase their cash bid, and Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger admitting the player was unsettled, the English club reluctantly have allowed a deal to go through.
Wenger expressed disappointment at Fabregas' departure.
'We have been clear that we didn't want Cesc to leave and that remains the case,' he said in a statement on Arsenal's website. 'However, we understand Cesc's desire to move to his hometown club and have now accepted an offer from Barcelona. We thank Cesc for his contribution at Arsenal and wish him future success.'
No more: Barcelona's behaviour throughout has been disappointing
No more: Barcelona's behaviour throughout has been disappointing

No comments:

Post a Comment